Clarify your purpose and directions
Prepare for and respond to changes
Build competencies at all levels
Develop meaningful plans
Organizational Development (OD) Consulting
Organizational Development (OD) Consulting is a pro-active and collaborative process focused on enabling individual, team and organizational success through ongoing change and transition. I work with clients in the public, health care, not for profit and education sectors. Having worked extensively with clients in these environments, I bring knowledge and experience of the challenges, opportunities and complexities that exist in these bureaucratic, hierarchical, unionized and ever changing environments. Services include assessment, planning, customized design and facilitation of the dialogue sessions, planning processes, and/or training programs required.
- Identification of key issues and needs through comprehensive assessment
- Customized plans focused to clear directions
- Customized program/process designs aligned with organizational needs
- Focused and enhanced leadership capability
- Enhanced professional and interpersonal competencies for all levels of staff
- Improved communications within energized teams
- Improved client services
“Glennie is a master facilitator who has skillfully lead our unit through visioning, strategic planning and many other training initiatives. Her dynamic presence keeps her audience engaged and focussed – leading to the achievement of our goals and objectives. Glennie continuously exceeds my expectations!”
Dave Carleton, Executive Director, The Salvation Army, Peel Shelter and Housing Services
Assessing current status is the first step in OD consulting. Assessment may include an in depth dialogue with a leader; 1:1 interviews with identified individuals; facilitation of focus groups; and/or confidential questionnaires. Results of assessments provide comprehensive information and data regarding current state, preferred future and ideas to close the gap between these two places.
Planning is a critical part of any organization’s work. Knowing where you are going, and how you will get there ensures a more focused and successful approach to the service you provide. Understanding your clients and their needs, recognizing what makes you unique, and honouring your history while pursuing your future, ensures you seize the opportunities that abound in this knowledge-based environment.
Whether planning for your organization, your project team, or your departmental team, I will work with you to customize the design and then facilitate the process, based on the information gathered through assessement.
- Clarity re Vision and Mission
- Established Terms of Reference/Charters
- Strategic Learning Plans
- Identified Key Issues/Priorities
- Clarified Role and Responsibilities
- Clear Goals and Objectives
- Specific Action Plans
“I highly recommend Glennie as a facilitator – she kept us focused on our goals and deliverables, while allowing us the space to think creatively. A very successful day”.
Kathy O’Brien B.A. LL.B. DDO Health Law
Learning programs are customized and designed to meet the specific needs of an identified audience. Programming is typically designed in modular format, i.e. half-day programs, with the client determining the content of the modules required. Areas of content expertise include and are not limited to:
- Leading with Impact
- Leading Change and Transition
- Coaching for Performance
- Building and Leading Teams
- Managing Performance Feedback
- Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Managing and Mediating Conflict
- Consulting Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Making Meetings Work
Interpersonal Competency Development
- Managing Self through Change
- Assertive Communication
- Staying Resilient-Managing Stress
- Engaging in Productive Conflict Resolution
- Participating Actively in Teams
- Discovering Self-Discovering Path
- Communication Styles Technology and Personality Dimensions® are two self-diagnositc tools used as appropriate
Learning programs may be created and presented as stand-alone programs, may be included as part of a team development process, and/or may be augmented by individual coaching.
I create customized programming, interactive processes, and ensure that participants are challenged and engaged with the materials and with one another. Much of the learning occurs through dialogue, as participants have the opportunity to share their ideas, try on new ones, and bounce their thinking and practical issues off one another. My intention is to create a learning environment free of judgement, where individuals feel comfortable and open in order to consider possibilities, while sharing their experiences varying perspectives.